Thursday, June 30, 2011

Who's the Queen of the Block Party?


It's a little hot yet, but block-party season is coming up soon. And every successful block party usually has a leader, the neighbor who gets it organized, remembers the nametags and the chalk for drawing on the streets, and sets the standard for bringing out the best food.

We want to salute the block-party queens and learn their secrets. So I need you to turn them in: E-mail your nomination to me at kpurvis@charlotteobserver.com. Please include the person's name and a way to contact her.

Remember, a true Block Party Queen is a benevolent dictator who makes everyone feel welcome and useful in her court.

1 comments:

Mandi @ Southern Gnome said...

Oh how I would love to host a block party (or in our case a neighborhood party). But since it's not been done before in our 'hood, nor have i done one, I have no idea where to start. I'm hoping to get a tip from the queen, whom ever she may be.