OK, remember that guy (above)? That's Harry Peemoeller, bread-sculpting wizard from Johnson & Wales Charlotte, and he's doing a bread-sculpting demo today from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Wells Fargo Atrium (nee the First Union Atrium, nee the Wachovia Atrium, if you've been around Charlotte long enough to be able to name every building through at least three generations of past bank ownership).
That would be today from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Not last Friday, as I mistakenly reported here last week. Sorry. Sometimes modern journalism means "typing too fast."
And in other food-related events happening in the next couple of days:
- Vin Master will be a Charlotte wine shop in Atherton Mill, 2000 South Blvd., dedicated to organic and sustainable wines, and it celebrates its grand opening from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday/April 16, with an open house and a charitable donation: 20% of first-day sales will go to Wine to Water, the nonprofit group that raises money to provide clean water to needy people around the world.
- The Charlotte Wine & Food Weekend actually isn't until next year, but it kicks off Saturday/April 16 from 7-10 p.m. with a celebration at the NASCAR Hall of Fame, 400 E. Martin Luther King Blvd. Tickets are $125 and includes wine, food and a silent auction.
- The Wine Shop Dilworth is holding a free tasting of Bordeaux wines with Cristophe Bedouet of Sober Wines, from 5 to 7 p.m. today/April 15, at 2442 Park Road.
- The Meat House, 8410 Rea Road, celebrates its first anniversary on Sunday/April 17 with 10 percent off everything in the store except wine and beer. They'll also have product samples, grilled steak tips and a hot dog cart.
- And finally, not getting an invitation to the Charlotte Food Bloggers meeting makes me feel a bit like the grandma who didn't get invited to her grandchild's graduation. I've written about both organizers, Julie Ruble of Willow Bird Baking and Taylor Mathis of Taylor Takes a Taste. But I'll still report that it's happening: Saturday/April 15 at 11 a.m. at Park Road Park. If you're going, take a dish to share. Have fun and stay dry, kids.