Friday, June 28, 2013

Want to cook and drink beer Saturday?

OK, some of you will be doing that already. But if you're looking for a more organized way to do that, and learn something at the same time, it's almost-but-not-quite-too-late to sign up for an outdoor cooking class and brewery tour Saturday morning (as in tomorrow morning) at Old Mecklenburg Brewery, 215 Southside Dr.

Fire & Beer starts at 10 a.m. with an outdoor cooking class taught by Tom Condron of the Liberty, "Down to the Bone! The Southern Grill." Then you get a tour of the brewery, followed by a lunch featuring the dishes made in class.

It's $50, reservations required. But here's the good news: The reservations are handled by The Liberty, so you can call 704-332-8830 until 11 p.m. tonight and snag a seat. (And my pardons for being late --the announcement was sent to a co-worker who forwarded to me, and I missed it in my inbox. Which is no surprise if you've seen my inbox.)



0 comments: