Thursday, December 27, 2012

The most meat on a sandwich?



We present, for your perusal, the Chivito Al Pan, from Che Gaucho, 4724 Old Pineville Road (in the little strip shopping center just past Woodlawn). 

Featured on the lunch specials, the Chivito is pounded (or similarly flattened) sirloin, ham, bacon,  mozzarella and a fried egg, on a crispy roll roughly the size of a grown man's bedroom slipper. With fries. It's $7.50 and it's big. How big? A family of four could have split it.  

Since every order also comes with a bowl of creamy potato soup, I  skipped most of the bread  (pity, it had a lovely crisp crust) and just aimed for the sandwich filling. I still only  made it maybe a third of the way in. I'm betting a teenage boy could do it in a couple of bites, but I'm just a girl. 

Che Gaucho is a nice little cafe with an Argentine/Uruguyan menu, which, as far as I can tell, makes it the only Uruguyan restaurant in Charlotte. Get a look at the menu here

2 comments:

Mr. P said...

I have been wanting to try that restaurant. I have also been meaning to go next door to Arepas grill and Antojitos bakery.

Anonymous said...

Antojitos and Arepas are in another group of stores, a little further along Old Pineville. Che Gaucho is in the first one on the right when you turn on to Old Pineville from Woodlawn (going away from uptown).