Wednesday, September 19, 2012

"Savor the South" book signings in Charlotte, Raleigh and more

We interrupt our usual newsworthiness to bring the list of book signings.

Yes, I have a book out, "Pecans: A Savor the South Cookbook" (UNC Press, $17.95). In case you missed last week's story, this is a series of books on Southern ingredients. It debuted last week with my book, "Pecans," and Debbie Moose's "Buttermilk."

The series will continue with at least 10 more, released a couple of books at time; I have a second book coming in fall 2013, "Bourbon: A Savor the South Cookbook." I'm tickled to be a part of this series, which includes all kinds of writers I know and admire, including John Shelton Reed on barbecue, Virginia Willis on okra and Andrea Weigl on canning and preserving.

Since this is the start of a long series, Debbie and I will be making the rounds of bookstores all over the state, favorite pens in hand, for book signings. Here's what's on the list so far:

Thursday, Sept. 20 (yes, as in tomorrow night), 7 p.m., Park Road Books. I'm delighted to start the signings here. Sally and Frazer are terrific supporters of local authors and cookbook authors.
Sunday, Sept. 23, 3 p.m., Quail Ridge Books, Raleigh. I've heard so many great things about this independent bookstore. I can't wait to visit.
Saturday, Oct. 6, Chapel Hill Farmers Market, 8-11 a.m.
This is the one in front of A Southern Season. This will be just me.
Saturday, Oct. 6, Parker & Otis, Durham, 11:45 a.m. Love this store and the deli. If no one buys a book, I have to make sure I don't shop up all the profits.
Saturday, Nov. 3, 2 p.m., Barnes & Noble, Greensboro. Debbie and I will be back together at this one.
Saturday, Nov. 10, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Atherton Market. Yea, back in my hometown.
Saturday, Nov. 17, 7 p.m., Malaprops in Asheville. Not only will you get three UNC Press authors -- Debbie and I will be there with Fred Thompson and his new book "Fred Thompson's Southern Sides" -- you also get an excuse to hang out in one of the best independent bookstores in the country. I was so happy when they asked us to be there.
Saturday, Dec. 8, 1-4 p.m., Old Salem in Winston-Salem. I haven't been to Old Salem for the holidays in several years. I'm hoping to get at least one bite of hot sugar cake.

There are a few more still being scheduled, but that covers the fall. I hope you'll stop by one of these and say hello, even if you don't buy a book.

0 comments: