Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Want to make sausage?

Of all the things I've made in my kitchen, making my own sausage is one of the most fun. It's just so cool to have control over what goes in it, to watch how it comes together and to end up with a whole bunch of sausage that's all your own.

You can learn how to make sausage and and other things in Central Piedmont Community College's community cooking classes, Charlotte Cooks.

Coming up:

The Art of Sausage Making, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Oct. 20 or Dec. 1 on the Central Campus; $125. Hands-on class that includes equipment selection, proper handling of meat and equipment, and how to use casings.

A Taste of Italy, 6-9 p.m. on Tuesdays from Oct. 23 to Nov. 6 on the Central Campus; $135 for the series. Covers regional foods from northern, central and southern Italy.

Wrap and Roll, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Nov. 3, Harris Campus; $85. Learn how to work with a variety of spring roll wrappers and fillings.

To register, go to www.cpcc.edu/cce and click on "register now," or call 704-330-4223. Deadlines are the Friday before the start of the class.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love making sausage in my kitchen! So easy just like you said, you can control how much fat, flavor and spice go in there and now I can't even eat mass produced sausage. Got some in my freezer right now from last week's sausage making session :)

Neva Modzelewski said...

I’ve been trying to make sausages for a month now, but I still can’t perfect it. I’m going near the goal, though. :D By the way, in a month of practicing, I’ve learned that the liquid matters, as when you use red wine instead of white wine, the taste will be notably different.