Here's a taste of what's going on:
- Charlotte Craft Beer Week officially started Thursday night with a keg tapping at Rock Bottom Brewery. The 11-day week continues with events all around the area. Get the full list at www.charlottecraftbeerweek.org.
- The Davidson Tailgate Farmers Market is on for 9 a.m.-noon Saturday. Remaining winter dates are April 3 and 17. The market returns to the weekly schedule May 1.
- Speaking of market schedules, the Matthews Community Farmers Market isn't on this week, but market manager Pauline Wood says opening day for the regular season will be April 10. Regular hours at 7:15 a.m. to noon Saturdays through November on North Trade Street in downtown Matthews.
- Rita's Italian Ice in Ballantyne is celebrating the first day of spring Saturday with free Italian ice from noon to 10 p.m. Rita's is also launching a new flavor -- Peeps. Rita's is at 16631 Lancaster Highway (the corner of N.C. 521 and Ardrey Kell.)
- Country singer Trisha Yearwood will sign copies of her new cookbook, "Home Cooking With Trisha Yearwood," at noon April 8 at Williams-Sonoma, 6401 Morrison Blvd.